Wondering How to Donate?
There are many ways to help!
Cash, check, or credit card! Donate financially so our volunteers can purchase backpacks and the supplies needed to fill them.
Community Collection Sites
Special thanks to each and every business and organization that collected supplies for us this year!
Volunteers from all over Bloomington-Normal are working with the Back 2 School Alliance (BTSA) to collect backpacks and school supplies. Almost 70 community partners committed to hosting a Collection Box at their site.
It is with commitment such as this, that our community is able to provide this much-needed service to deserving students.
A HUGE thank you goes out to all those listed below! Those listed in italics have also made a financial or in-kind donation to the Back to School program.
Big yellow and blue boxes at these locations make it easy for people to donate items, which will be accepted through the cutoff date the first weekend in August. Three locations are available year-round: Normal Unit 5 District Office, Bloomington District 87 office, and Mid Central Community Action.
Please click on the Host a Drive page to see the list of needed items designated by both District 87 and Unit 5 schools.
If you would like to help make a difference, you can drop your donations at any of the following locations:
- Carle Chapel, 1304 Franklin, Normal
- Carle Fitness Center, 1111 Trinity Lane, Normal
- Carle Hospice, 303 N Hershey Rd, Bloomington
- Afni, 1310 Martin Luther King Jr, Bloomington
- Afni, 404 Brock Dr, Bloomington
- District 87 Office, 300 E Monroe St, Bloomington
- Bloomington Farmer’s Market, Downtown Bloomington Square, Saturday until noon
- Bloomington Public Library, 205 E Olive St, Bloomington
- B/N Association of REALTORS, 407 Detroit Avenue, Bloomington
- O’Brien Honda, 1601 GE Road, Normal
- Central Illinois Spine Doctors, 1603 Visa Dr #3, Normal
- Central Illinois Bank, 1801 E Empire St, Bloomington
- Four Seasons 1, 904 Four Seasons Rd, Bloomington
- Four Seasons 2, 2401 Airport Rd, Bloomington
- The Garlic Press, Uptown Normal
- Gingerbread House, 915 E Washington St, Bloomington
- Hail the Hair King, 1702 W College Ave, Normal
- Heartland Church, 1811 N Linden St, Normal
- HyVee, 1403 N. Veteran’s Parkway, Bloomington
- ISU Credit Union, 1309 S Center St, Normal
- Katie’s Kids Learning Center, 1602 Glenbridge Rd, Bloomington
- Katie’s Kids Learning Center, 2003 Jacobssen Dr, Normal
- McLean County Museum of History, 200 N Main St, Bloomington
- McLean County 4H Fair 8/1, 1106 Interstate Dr, Bloomington
- Mid Illini Credit Union, 1811 Eastland St, Bloomington
- My Lean Body Boot Camp, 403 Bronco Dr, Unit 2, Bloomington
- Office Depot, 1700 E College Ave, Normal
- Normal Unit 5 Dist Office, 1809 W Hovey, Normal
- Schnucks, 1701 E Empire, Bloomington
- Star Uniforms, 2 Yount Dr, Bloomington
- WalMart, 300 Greenbriar Dr, Normal
- WalMart, 2225 W Market St, Bloomington
- YWCA, 1201 N Hershey Road, Bloomington
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors!
($1000 or more)
Eastview Christian Church
Illinois Prairie Community Foundation
Classroom Companion Sponsors
($500 or more)
Our Redeemer Lutheran Church
Family Friend Sponsors
($100 or more)
Bloomington Quarter Auction
Jerry and Mary Foster
Pat and Dan Fitzgerald
Kathy and Paul Packard
Jenny Hill Scott
Michael and Ann Sullivan
Midwest Food Bank
State Farm Insurance
Thank You to Our Community Supply Drive Partners!
COUNTRY Financial , Bloomington
Bloomington-Normal Association of REALTORS, 407 Detroit Ave., Bloomington
Heartland Community Church, 1811 N Linden St, Normal
ISU campus, Freshman Project Click here
State Farm Insurance Company , Bloomington
McLean County Fair
Sunrise Bloomington Rotary
Farnsworth and Wiley
And to these partners, who allowed us to be at their site to collect donations from the community for our annual weekend supply drive: